Earn links from
5 years in the market. 50+ clients. 1400+ links.
What is HARO?
HARO or Help A Reporter Out is a service where journalists and bloggers ask for the input of subject matter experts on various topics. For every query, they receive dozens, in some cases hundreds, of pitches. They decide which responses they want to use. In most cases, they will link to the source’s website in their article. It’s a win-win situation for the journalist and the source. The journalist gets help for content creation; the source gets the exposure and backlinks from a trustworthy website.
HARO for SEO
SEO is complex, and search engines update their ranking algorithms quite often. Still, the most significant pillars of SEO are:
- Content: something that the search engine will rank you for
- Backlinks: something that helps you rank high on the search engine results page
- Technical SEO: all the webmaster’s work to ensure Google crawlers have the proper access to the website’s content
HARO will boost your SEO performance thanks to the high-quality backlinks.
What makes a good backlink?
- It should come from a website with high authority. In simple terms, one backlink from Forbes will give a better boost than ten links from no-name bloggers or 50 links from shady link farms. To assess websites’ authority, we use DR (domain rating) metric by Ahrefs. Not all links you get through HARO will come from top-tier domains, though using our service, you will pay only for the qualifying ones.
- It must have the “dofollow” attribute. Not all links you get through HARO will be dofollow, though using our service, you will pay only for the qualifying ones.
- It should be placed in the body of the text, not a footer or a sidebar.
- The fewer links there are on the referring page, the better their value. That’s another reason why getting links from directories and link farms is a bad idea.
Is HARO just a link building tool?
HARO also has a reputation building “side-effect.” Let’s see what Google knows about Illia Termeno, our founder. All these mentions are the result of HARO pitching.
Many content managers promote their articles on social media and tag contributors. Thus, your network will be notified about a media featuring you. And if you comment under those posts, you will have a top-notch professional activity thread.
HARO pitch example
Our HARO pitching process
We pitch on topics related to marketing, business, and HR.
There’s a team of a marketer and a copywriter working on every pitch.
Marketer chooses queries for pitching.
Marketer compiles a list of key thoughts for every pitch and passes the task to the copywriter.
Copywriter crafts the pitch to make sure it sounds engaging and grammatically correct.
Marketer double-checks that the business aspect of the pitch is correct.
Marketer sends the pitch to the journalist.
As the result, our HARO pitches are smart and enjoy the 1/7 publication rate.
HARO link building: what else you should know.
Publications happen with a delay. Every media has its own pace and content plan. During the several years of our experience with HARO pitching, the fastest publication happened two days after the pitch; the slowest came with a 6 months delay. We guarantee that you will eventually get your links, though the speed is not in our control.
Every query gets a single-use email, which becomes inactive after the query deadline expires. The sources don’t have any means to contact the journalist directly or do any follow-up.
Many journalists prefer to stay anonymous, not disclosing their names or the media they work for. They might be from a very respectful media (i.e., Forbes) and want to save themselves from an avalanche of junk pitches. They might also represent a new media with a low domain rating. In one case out of three, we don’t know who pitch to. As a result, some publications land on websites with low DR metric and have little SEO value. You will pay only for the qualifying links.
HARO link building is a tool for quality backlinks, but it won’t bring colossal scale. The reasonable expectation is to have 3-5 links per month, starting from the second month.
Most of the backlinks placed through HARO will stay on the media websites forever. However, if the media’s content team would decide to update or withdraw the article at some point, they are free to do so without informing the HARO sources.
Service provided by
Who do we work with?
HARO is suitable for most businesses, though there are some exceptions.
HARO is less efficient for some industries. We do not work with pharma, gambling, adult content, dating, credit repair industries.
Happy to white-label for agencies.
HARO link building pricing
Media we got links from
DR 91 https://marketing.sfgate.com/blog/your-top-digital-marketing-questions-answered Stone&Tile Shoppe
DR 86 https://www.rd.com/list/craziest-wedding-planner-requests/ Magic Day
DR 83 https://fitsmallbusiness.com/business-loan-bad-credit/ Lean-Case
DR 83 https://greatist.com/live/wedding-etiquette-for-guests Magic Day
DR 82 https://www.fundera.com/blog/online-credit-card-processing Titanium Buzz
DR 82 https://upcity.com/blog/common-web-design-mistakes/ K&N Sales
DR 77 https://www.gosquared.com/blog/saas-expenses Lean-Case
DR 77 https://referralrock.com/blog/getting-started-with-paid-ads/ Titanium Buzz
DR 77 https://databox.com/how-to-upsell Titanium Buzz
DR 74 https://blog.mycorporation.com/2020/10/start-a-business/ K&N Sales
DR 63 https://www.opploans.com/blog/cant-afford-new-laptop/ Lean-Case
DR 63 https://creativeclickmedia.com/21-questions-before-redesigning-your-website/ Titanium Buzz
DR 56 https://altitudemarketing.com/blog/2020-b2b-marketing-goals/ Lean-Case
+ over 1000 other links for dozens of clients over the last 5 years
Our onboarding process
1. Most sources don’t accept pitches from agencies. We would need to have the following inputs from your side:
- A real spokesperson from the company: CEO or CMO with their headshot LinkedIn style photo, name, a short (up to 50 words) bio, personal LinkedIn account link.
- A working email address registered on your domain matching the spokesperson’s name. For example email@example.com.
- If you want us to pass a few important messages along the lines when pitching – let us know. Otherwise, we’ll be fully autonomous in our pitching.
2. Pre-payment for the selected package.
Ready to get started?
How long does it take to get 3 or 7 links?
The average delay between the pitch and the publication is 3 weeks. The media decides which pitches to accept. We guarantee the placements but do not commit to timings. On average, you can expect 3 links placed in 2 months and 7 links in 3.5 months.
How do you report links placements?
You will receive a table with the list of links and their stats: DR, spam score, dofollow/nofollow after we get all links you ordered. When placing an order, you may opt-in to receive reports after each link placement.
Will you approve the pitches with me before sending them to the media?
HARO service is time-sensitive. There are strict deadlines for each pitch submission – usually one or two days. The earlier we submit – the better chances we have for inclusion. You will have access to the pitching email and may provide feedback based on the previous pitches. We will not approve each text with you not to lose precious time.
What is my involvement in the process?
You need to provide the requested inputs about the company and the spokesperson before we start. We take the whole process off your shoulders. Your involvement is not required during the pitching process.
How many links per month can you get?
We cannot commit to timings. On average, you can expect 3 links per month, starting with the second month.
Is it a good fit for my business?
Yes, if you are serious about building your organic traffic. The only case when you can expect lower performance is if your website has zero backlink profile. We pitch on marketing-related topics and recommend having some industry-relevant backlinks before ordering this service.