Earn links from
1000+ links for 40+ clients over the last 4 years
What is HARO?
HARO or Help A Reporter Out is a service where journalists and bloggers ask for the input of subject matter experts on various topics. For every query, they receive dozens, in some cases hundreds, of pitches. They decide which responses they want to use. In most cases, they will link to the source’s website in their article. It’s a win-win situation for the journalist and the source. The journalist gets help for content creation; the source gets the exposure and backlinks from a trustworthy website.
HARO for SEO
SEO is complex, and search engines update their ranking algorithms quite often. Still, the most significant pillars of SEO are:
- Content: something that the search engine will rank you for
- Backlinks: something that helps you rank high on the search engine results page
- Technical SEO: all the webmaster’s work to ensure Google crawlers have the proper access to the website’s content
HARO will boost your SEO performance thanks to the high-quality backlinks.
What makes a good backlink?
It’s an ongoing debate in the SEO community. The research shows the following significant factors of a high-quality backlink:
- It should come from a website with high authority. In simple terms, one backlink from Forbes will give a better boost than ten links from no-name bloggers or 50 links from shady link farms. To assess websites’ authority, we use DR (domain rating) metric by Ahrefs. Not all links you get through HARO will come from top-tier domains, though using our service, you will pay only for the qualifying ones.
- It must have the “dofollow” attribute. Not all links you get through HARO will be dofollow, though using our service, you will pay only for the qualifying ones.
- It should be placed in the body of the text, not a footer or a sidebar.
- The fewer links there are on the referring page, the better their value. That’s another reason why getting links from directories and link farms is a bad idea.
Backlinks you get through HARO using our service, tick all the boxes in the checklist.
Is HARO just a link building tool?
HARO also has a reputation building “side-effect.” Let’s see what Google knows about Illia Termeno, our founder. All these mentions are the result of HARO pitching.
Many content managers promote their articles on social media and tag contributors. Thus, your network will be notified about a media featuring you. And if you comment under those posts, you will have a top-notch professional activity thread.
HARO pitch example
We respond to HARO queries on behalf of our clients. The pitch needs to be tailored to the journalist’s requirements and be copy-paste-friendly. Don’t expect the journalist to spend time editing your pitch. The pitch has to be original. In simple words, if the journalist asks about the best movie by Quentin Tarantino, don’t dream about publication if you will talk about Pulp Fiction. Please see our pitching samples to the query from the previous example.
You will find all of them published in this nice article from an 80+ DR website:
Our HARO pitching process
We pitch on topics related to marketing, business, and HR. There’s a team of a marketer and a copywriter working on every pitch.